Main Forum
Page
of 2

Hello

11 replies
Online on Site
Hey all,

I started BDO about a week ago and wanted to try out RP'ing. I'd say I'm pretty new to the RP'ing scene since the last time I touched it was about seven years ago on a forum with some friends. I haven't RP'ed on a MMO yet so please bear with me when I get a bit lost.

I'm from EU, but wouldn't be afraid to try out RP on NA if the timing isn't a problem. I tend to stay up a bit late (till about 4 AM CET) so I'm not sure if that's a good time window, but I'm certainly open to try it out.

That said, I get pretty nervous so if we end up RP'ing together, thank you for your patience. I'm also open to any feedback on how to do better.

Feel free to throw me any questions!
Posted Nov 30, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 1, 18
List
Undo
509259246798503936_1543631877.gif

Hello there :3 Welcome to BDO, and BDRP~

Meldamiriel Rilma
Posted Nov 30, 18 · Last edited Nov 30, 18
List
Undo
Hey, welcome!

No need to be nervous. We're all here to have fun, and everyone has to start somewhere, yeah? NA has a number of people active during EU hours, so don't worry about timing, either. What brought you back to the RP scene? And specifically here, in BDO? Can you tell us about a character concept you have in mind or some story themes you're hoping to explore?

Likewise, if you have any questions—about lore, gameplay, how-to, anything—we're here to help out and answer.

Looking forward to seeing you about!
vFvC0UV.png

"Maybe this was how you stayed sane in wartime: a handful of noble deeds amid the chaos."
— Scott Westerfeld, Leviathan
Posted Nov 30, 18
List
Undo
Discord Mod
Well hello! Welcome! So glad to have you!

We have a strong-ish EU presence on the NA servers, and some people schedule events specifically to be EU friendly. If you ever have any questions or need any help, please feel free to reach out to me or anyone else in the community. We don't bite, arguably, and if we do, it'll be educational. As for nervousness, you made an introduction post -- that's more than I ever did. 😅
Posted Nov 30, 18
List
Undo
Online on Site
Welcome!
Family Name – Zinxc
Discord - Zinxc#1145
Posted Nov 30, 18
List
Undo
Welcome to the community!
~Taarn~

Family Name – Pryke
Discord - Taarn#3729
Posted Nov 30, 18
List
Undo
I should also point out that we do have plenty of helpful people in the community, so should you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out and ask questions~

Meldamiriel Rilma
Posted Nov 30, 18
List
Undo
Online on Site
Welcome aboard!

And no worries, as Sella and Dav brought up earlier, we have quite the EU presence on NA! (Myself included xD)
T244Jid.png

Discord: Khaedan#4869
Posted Nov 30, 18
List
Undo
Online on Site
What brought me back to the RP scene was mainly me just having wanted to try it again for a long time, but never really finding the opportunity or courage, I suppose. As time passed, the itch got stronger 😛 . As for why BDO, well, the biggest reason is just because it's what I'm currently into, and I always end up getting attached to my characters anyways, thinking up a story for them. (A second reason would be because it's just pay to get the game and not a monthly subscription like FF14. That stopped me from trying to get into that 🙃 )

As for an idea for a character, this is the backstory I had thought up of for my current DK (named Cellaie):

Born in a merchant's family, Cellaie never had too many worries growing up. At the coming of age 12, however, she was suddenly thrown out of the house with nothing but one set of her favourite clothes, food & water for two days and a wooden amulet.

Just as sudden as she was thrown out, a guard on night patrol found her that same day. Taking her in, the guard provided her with a decent meal and a roof over her head for as long as she needed it. she started to regularly train and do some extra work to repay her new family.

5 years had passed when nightmares of fire and fear started to torment Cellaie. A few days later, the wooden amulet broke and darkness flowed into Cellaie's body. Unable to control this new accursed power, Cellaie knew she had to leave before tragedy would descend.

After training in the wilderness for the following three years, she had finally started to tame the darkness and decided to roam the world to seek a new purpose.
Posted Nov 30, 18 · OP
List
Undo
Welcome!

You shouldn't have trouble finding RP if you're in Europe, especially if you're staying up as late as you suggest (did you mean 4AM?) - most events during the week tend to start around 8-9pm US Eastern, but on the weekends they're often earlier... and as others have said we have quite a few EU players present already!

Outside of events, a lot of people are around to do walk-up RP in Heidel and other places, and many of us are up for Discord RP when timezones (or the server, lol) don't want to cooperate, too!
-
Posted Nov 30, 18
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices