Main Forum

Karma's 'Rags to Riches' expedition!

3 replies
Hello everyone. I have a friend named Karma Tanaka. Karma is a Valencian; she's also broke. Very broke. Karma aspires one day to be a very rich woman, unfortunately she doesn't have many traits in her favor. All she has a big heart, a big smile, and a love for cooking.

And with that, we're gonna make her rich. Stupid rich.

---THE TALK---

I enjoy cooking a lot in BDO, it's a lot of fun seeing product just show up in your inventory, plus you get all of those byproducts that help boost your contribution points. I've tried to distance myself from the life skill, but I always find myself coming back. I've made several billion silver in my cooking career, but I always come across the same obstacle. I get bored. It's a life skill that's almost entirely done on your own, so there's very little interaction involved.

Until today. *cue lightning*

I'm down to my last 50 million silver, which means I'll inevitably have to start grinding my cooking again. But this time? I figured I'd make a log of all of my progress. Keeps me focused, and may help a few people out that are interested in cooking.

So yeah! Let's do it!

---THE MATHS---

So I want Karma to be rich, but just how rich is that exactly? Well, by the time I finish my cooking endurance run, I would like to have made 1 billion silver. During this time I will spend money buying milk and various other products, so it won't be 1 billion silver profit, but it will be 1 billion in total. Due to the Marketplace tax, I will need to make roughly 1,176,470,589 silver in order to come out with one crisp billion dollar bill.

Now what will I be cooking in order to garner such a massive amount of money.

Cron Meals, lots of Cron Meals.

zCqQej3.png
Exquisite Cron Meals to be exact.

These items run for 320,000 silver on the marketplace. Meaning that if I want to make a billion silver off of Cron meals alone, I will need to make roughly 3,677 meals. This sounds like a lot (which believe me, it is), but due to my cooking level, I'll be getting a lot more product than I put in.

But just how much product do I need to pick in?

So glad you asked.

---THE PRODUCT---

I did all the handy work and boiled down the Exquisite Cron Meals to their bare products. The numbers you'll see take into account a 2.5x proc rate (for every set of ingredients, I receive 2.5 product).
Spoiler: undefinedShow

---THE BOTTLENECKS---

If it's not obvious by the red text. I have a few products that are significantly harder than others to gather. Red Meat I'll be able to get eventually through grinding at around 2k meat per day-- vegetables and mushrooms should also come easily--, however Milk is extremely troublesome, due to how much it costs on the MP to preorder. If any of you have some spare Milk or Mushrooms available feel free to let me know via PM or something. Anything to make this grind faster would be appreciated!

---THE CONCLUSION---

Now that I've been writing for about an hour, I'm off to do my daily grinding. Hopefully this is interesting to at least one or two people, but if not, at least I entertained myself yeah?

Say bye Karma!
aJ7ngow.jpg
9at7v0u.jpg
Posted Dec 4, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 7, 18
List
Undo
Community Patron
Milk is a friggin pain the butt, I agree! But, creating a couple "energy alts" and parking them near that Falres Dirt Farm so you can do the mini game every few nights might take the edge off those MP preorders? Interested to watch your progress!
Active:
Lesands, Olaide & The Dappled Glade, and Ylwren

OnGoing Projects:
The Waterfront Hashery
Posted Dec 4, 18 · Last edited Dec 4, 18
That's what I'm thinking I'll do, especially since I found some little tricks that'll make gathering rainbow shrooms much easier.

---Progress!!---
a3308199e00a4fd480d0965e6aa738d7.jpg

August decided to help out a bit, since she needed to gather some 'medicinal shrooms' anyway.

7082cfe17e3cfbae9e30324aec94a077.png

To anyone who's trying to make Kamasylvia meals. Polly's Forest has a nice little deposits of Rainbow Button Shrooms scattered about the area. Usually you can walk the beaten path towards the Weenie Cabin and pick up every shroom on the way-- with maybe 5 or 6 deposits off of the path. Just keep gathering and switching servers when you run out of shrooms. Managed about 1000 shrooms starting at 80 energy. Hopefully if I burn through a full stack of energy i'll be done with shrooms.

Woo! This is going faster than I anticipated!

+2375 Rainbow Button Mushrooms!
+1971 Red Meat!
+7348 Eggs!

Quick Sidenote : I know this is titled as Karma's adventure into making money, but if any of you wish to post the progress your characters are making towards monetary success, you're welcome to post them here too. It's cool seeing how other people play BDO.
9at7v0u.jpg
Posted Dec 4, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 5, 18
List
Undo
e10eae3795af6dbfd6b80f44dd8fc02c.png
I FINISHED!! Woo!

Go buy yourself some meals (while I still patiently wait for you all to post your progress on things).
9at7v0u.jpg
Posted Tue at 02:13 am · OP
List
Undo
NoticeNotices