Main Forum
Page
of 2

Why is it...

14 replies
Rainnell wrote:
In hope that you find what you are searching for

So far I have the valk initiate outfit you get from one of the quests along the way in the story, I love that thing and it is the most modest outfit I've seen thus far aside from the armor I either want and can't afford or the outfits in the pearl store that I can't afford lol.

Because somebody bought me an outfit they feel like I owe them favors, which I don't mind doing as long as it doesn't hinder my character's personal story which I am going to be doing a brief intro for today. It just seems that it is all he wants to do (any time I say "I cant erp at this time but I can do regular rp" he either loses interest or tries to find something else to do, and to me questing together isnt roleplay unless there is an adventure to go along with it lol).

I totally understand the feeling, I'd tell you that it maybe is better to just separate yourself from the individual in question or be 100% Honest that "smut" isn't the only thing you are after. While it is nice for people to offer costume, and while myself I was somewhat "victimize" on "I bought you costume and you won't erp with me? You are a B****" It's their choice to begin with and especially if you never mentionned it! You can always, and also demand a refund from the gift if it was bought in the---I think 72 hours? Despite it being a gift too. They would send the pearls back to the sender. If not you can always try "explain" the situation, The GM's have been very kind and attentive on many instances of these kinds of behaviors or like-said situations!

But Fear not, Just don't feel that you are obligated to do what this person tells you, you are free to go about and find another or multiple individuals to fill up your scenery! Again this is only but a neutral stand point as I do not know the whole story, I understand that you still might want to keep him/her as a friend! But when, to be honest? The behavior you explain might be more "overshadowing power" than truly just understanding and respect of what you wish. If you want? I've seen many people with somewhat the same problem, I've helped them and you are welcome to message me in private! Afterall a good community is one that helps and make sure that they are happy in their environments and feel safe about it too!
888888.png
Posted Jan 6, 19
List
Undo
Because somebody bought me an outfit they feel like I owe them favors,

I know it isn't particularly mine or anyone's business, but that's incredibly concerning. I personally don't care for the notion of people giving gifts or extending kindnesses just to claim it justifies them being owed something when they demand it. That's manipulative, really.

Assuming ERP is what is being asked in return, I would suggest saying no outright and remind them you didn't ask to be gifted something, and while you appreciate it, they are not entitled to your time or attention.

Please be safe, and apologies if I'm jumping to wild conclusions.
Posted Jan 6, 19
List
Undo
Community Patron
Warning
I'd like to add a very important reminder to everyone in our community and those participating in this thread that consent is always something you should keep in mind and practice. If you do not consent to any type of RP, don't do it. There is or shouldn't be any in-between. If you don't feel comfortable participating in erotic roleplay with someone or simply don't feel like it at the time, a good roleplay partner will always understand and leave it at that. If another player is manipulating you or getting angry over this, it's time to cease contact or politely let them know that they're not a good fit for your writing/roleplay style!

Please be safe and take the time to find like-minded writers who respect you and the type of content you want to write. Our community is small but there is a wide variety of roleplayers out there!
xT H I E FxxxP R I E S T E S SxxxH O U S ExxD ExS A N T I SxxxB L A C KxxM A R K E Tx
Posted Jan 6, 19
List
Undo
Community Patron
Because somebody bought me an outfit they feel like I owe them favors, which I don't mind doing as long as it doesn't hinder my character's personal story which I am going to be doing a brief intro for today. It just seems that it is all he wants to do (any time I say "I cant erp at this time but I can do regular rp" he either loses interest or tries to find something else to do, and to me questing together isnt roleplay unless there is an adventure to go along with it lol).

Gross. Gifts do not equate to consent. Ever.

I would definitely distance yourself from this person; they are indeed a creeper deserving of an alt + c the next time they're outside of a safe zone.

Don't get me wrong I love ERP, it's just when I choose a lover/mate for a character I expect there to be more than smut lol

I am all about affection and adventures. If your Valkyrie is in need of a cuddle buddy, but without the bedroom pressure, you are more than welcome to ask. 😊 I don't even let people hire my courtesan for sex unless they're a close friend I can trust!
Family Name: RachCouture

Rose/Taylor/Scarlet/et al.
Posted Jan 6, 19 · Last edited Jan 6, 19
List
Undo
I don't have much else to add but yes consent is a must, if someone is giving you gifts just to try and guilt you into ERP or ANYTHING you feel uncomfortable with the best thing to do is cut contact and block. Once someone like that gets their foot in the door they will try whatever they can to manipulate or twist things around to try and make it sound as if its your fault. I wish it wasn't as true as it is, but its sadly how some people act believing people are property you can own.
Posted Jan 6, 19
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices